• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

on a side note. someone broke something. so the live thread will be delayed for a bit. but it's coming!

I would like to see what the 0z NAM is projecting when the time period gets within 48 hrs, and would like to see GFS on board as well. Maybe the 0z GFS suite will since the other models are on board that there could be snow across the region.

It's becoming more and more evident that there will be some kind of an event for someone outside of the mountains. There is still a lot of uncertainty as to where that axis of heavy snowfall will set up. The rest of tonight's runs should be interesting. Stay tuned...

It's becoming more and more evident that there will be some kind of an event for someone outside of the mountains. There is still a lot of uncertainty as to where that axis of heavy snowfall will set up. The rest of tonight's runs should be interesting. Stay tuned...

I’ll be going to bed after crazy uncle...LOL!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m honestly just pumped as hell to be tracking a storm on December the 4th!!! If I get to see some flakes fall out of the sky, I’ll be super pumped, but when I start to see accumulation maps like posted above, then I get greedy.

Live thread has been turned on, please login (and you may have to refresh the page once) to enable it.

NAM still looks way too fast in general but it's a step in the right direction. Still have this little voice in the back of my head that keeps reminding me to not get too excited yet and that even inside day 2-3 this could trend into the mid Atlantic even if guidance is over or to our southeast in general

NAM still looks way too fast in general but it's a step in the right direction. Still have this little voice in the back of my head that keeps reminding me to not get too excited yet and that even inside day 2-3 this could trend into the mid Atlantic even if guidance is over or to our southeast in general
Yeah, have to keep that into consideration. Storms like this like the infamous NW trend and we are still days away. Things are changing and someone will be disappointed out of this no matter what I'm sure.

What was that about the double E rule... if the ETA and the ECMWF are in agreement... take it to the bank. Thinking I got NAM’d... and being in the bullseye... ugh... with that said... i would love not to have to teach Friday!!!

For my Columbia, SC friends, when you see the maps your minds may be blown. Don't fall for it. 850 go > 0c when the heavier stuff gets here as the low starts going and tracking closer to the coast.
So are you saying Columbia doesn't have a chance or that we switch to heavy wet snow?

Back