• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Here is the 84 hour snow map. Still snowing after for many:
84hr.png

loool if the NAM is true both my area and Lafayette get jipped....ANNNNDDDDD we probably won't be going to the Christmas Party my family is hosting in Lafayette (which is why saying there too is important) this weekend because I-20 is closed so I won't be able to see any of it.

I'm trying to get excited, but then I keep being reminded that it's the NAM and because of silly superstition, I'm not sure I want to get NAM'd this soon. If the GFS gets on board and the UK, Canadian, Euro hold serve I may have to finally put all my chips on the table.

EDIT: I'm also reminded and haunted of the epic FAIL of January 2017. We got the screwjob so good from that storm. 3-5 inches of snow my butt. I'm still pissed about it to this day. lol

The NAM should be renamed to the HLS (hook, line and sinker) ;)

In all seriousness though it did look much better within the first 48 hours which is about how far out I half way trust the NAM so there is that

------ NAM...now I'm not going to get any work done tonight.
The moisture orientation looks eerily similar to Jan 2014...obviously without the bitterly cold surface temps. Had snowfall at 21 that day. I haven't looked at the 2M temps yet, but last I saw they were low to mid 30s for I-20 thru GA

Awesome trends today with the models. This storm is really looking good right now.

I am enabling this thread into live mode. What this means, is that the thread will refresh itself without you having to manually!

To use the live feature, you must be registered to the forum and logged in.

I am enabling this thread into live mode. What this means, is that the thread will refresh itself without you having to manually!

To use the live feature, you must be registered to the forum and logged in.
In other words gusts don't miss out! Register now!:D

Back