• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Delete or move this if appropriate, but ...
Folks, FWIW, yours truly, the board Curmudgeon, is sitting way down here really hoping and rooting for y'all to get a nice taste of early winter, and hoping that it just sets the stage for more and more well into late January, and with a miracle, beyond.
Best Wishes!
Phil
Well, my boy, I'm pulling for you to at least see some pellets, and get your bippy frozen good, lol. If this stuff is going to plunge south, then Gainesville is way before you get to Cuba, and you can be sure that Goofy will have to 0 line down where the good cigars are, lol. This is just the kind of arctic intrusion that got me that tiny sleet storm in Pensacola that late Nov. Just got to match up the boundary with the cold air on top of you, while they are trying hard to separate...so it should be easy squeezy, lol. I figure it's a lock up here, as I've been in the bullseye on at least one plot, lol. Plus, climo says oh, hell no! So we have that in our favor :) T

So still awaiting Tropical Tidbits but 12z Thursday is when the CMC/Euro had the moisture fill in and not suppressed back into LA

Worth briefly mentioning the NAM's parent model is the GFS and it's practically garbage beyond 48 hours so the fact that it looks like crap right now for the SE US probably isn't a bad thing whatsoever
The 18z is old data anyways right?

The weekend clipper is dying a slow death
The clipper is coming back haha, I guess starts to redevelop out of nowhere silly GFS... although no one should ever hold their breathe for a clipper in the SE

I just don't think this first system will do much for many of us here in Alabama. I have tried to stay optimistic, but this looks like more of a chance for our Carolina posters and possibly some georgia folks. Hope that I am wrong, but it looks like for us we may need to focus on the 13-21, but we will see. Crazy things happen.

Ive never seen an accumulating snow event before Dec 15 so climo is definitely not on our side for the next 10 days.

Back