• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

Isn't the "sw bias" due to higher resolution problems? If so, the Canadian has been tweaked around 4dVAR or something along those lines and very well could be suffering from the same thing, if the idea is even true at all.

Now I'm not sure if this over-amplification bias is partially attributable to the Euro's resolution, convective parameterizations, depiction of elevation in the model, none or a combination of these or perhaps even something else. Taking this question that far would be something worth posing to the European Center itself or looking for in literature..

Wouldnt it be funny if our best chance of snow all winter came in December this year and the rest of winter torched ?

Given the mixing w/ rain, moist profile, potential for rain to fall at the onset, warmish ground temps, should at least cut these totals back in half or two-thirds. Still end up w/ an inch maybe two over central NC in the sweet spots on this run verbatim
ecmwf_tsnow_raleigh_21.png

Given the mixing w/ rain, moist profile, potential for rain to fall at the onset, warmish ground temps, should at least cut these totals back in half or two-thirds. Still end up w/ an inch maybe two over central NC in the sweet spots on this run verbatim
View attachment 1792
Let's see if Rah continues to be the stubborn holdout....

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Boa
View attachment 1792
Can you take that map west some lol!!

For my Midlands friends (of SC), temps are poop; but mixing possible per that Euro.

Back