• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

I'd rather have a storm that's too strong in this case because we would probably get something on the back end and just be more likely to get snow period, whereas a weaker low that's suppressed offshore could shutoff any significant precipitation despite their being more than enough cold air in place
Don’t think this run is gonna do much Web

Maddening how close it is to something big

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_16.png

I'd rather have a storm that's too strong in this case because we would probably get something on the back end and just be more likely to get snow period, whereas a weaker low that's suppressed offshore could shutoff any significant precipitation despite their being more than enough cold air in place
Also would help lay down a nice snow pack to our north for the next one, which doesn't appear to be the case this run but it's just one run

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Am I crazy thinking this could work out for some Alabama folks? I feel like I’ve seen this play out many times in the past where it jogs NW closer to time and we get in the game. Wouldn’t a slower arriving system help with temp issues as well, since cold air will be more in place, or would the stronger push of cold air just continue to suppress moisture? Seems like there are a lot of variables with this one.

Yeah CMC sees what the GFS will be after it's eventually jog NW in a couple of days

It’s the Canadian, but man that’s interesting 4 days out. Wouldn’t take much of a NW jog to get mby in play, seems like euro has been close to spitting out a solution like that. I’m interested.

Back