• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter Storm Dec 7-10

There are a lot of mid-Atlantic, Apps, and NE US hits w/ this storm on the latest EPS suite... We've seen this movie before. One can hope a big storm like this (literally) lays the groundwork for something in the following week
eps_snow_50_se_27.png
eps_snow_25_se_27.png

Earlier it was said that heavier rates could overcome the BL warmth levels and just a few moments ago it was said that models underestimate the precip with these systems. How realistic would it be at this point for the precip to be heavy enough to overcome the warmth and change it from a cold rain to heavy snow?

Huge shift NW in the ensemble this run. Consensus is now going towards the mid-Atlantic, northeast US, and New England and potentially the lower lakes too
eps_snow_m_east_27.png

Huge shift NW in the ensemble this run. Consensus is now going towards the mid-Atlantic, northeast US, and New England and potentially the lower lakes too
View attachment 1736
Cool! Maybe that can put down a big snowpack up there and will help with a cad , before all the cold leaves

Cool! Maybe that can put down a big snowpack up there and will help with a cad , before all the cold leaves

That's what I've been thinking and hoping we'd see during the first week of this pattern change. As I mentioned last week, we usually don't score right away even in a good pattern and may have to sacrifice a few storms at the onset, but if something comes along after this we could be in serious business

Good lord there's a negatively tilted trough in the means... Yeah this look verbatim has the Mid-Atlantic, Apps, and New England written all over it.
eps_z500a_noram_156.png

Looking like this initial cold blast isn't going to be that remarkable as was being shown on models a few days ago. I've got two days in the next 10, at MAYBE 10 degree below normal highs.

Sadly, I expected the Mid-ATL - NE situation that modeling may be alluding here on this first push. Still not a loss guys, it can only help us for the next chance.

Yes, what I think we're going to see is the snowfall accumulations will be parallel/ along the Appalachian MNTS. Because the LP would start having better circulation versus a flat wave as it makes it's way northeastward.

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_10.png

gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_10.png
For some reason it came in a duplicate.

Back