• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

About to replace all of our chickens(which are worthless and mostly not ours) with ones we are getting trough the Four H chick chain my kids are doing. Going with white leghorns, Rhode Island Reds and Barred Rocks.
I like barred rocks. Very easy to raise, good mannered and not broody. Egg production is fairly good, too. Plus, they can be harvested for meat later, when they start to slow production.

I’ll bring a couple of goats to play with your goats and probably forget them accidentally.
Don't do that, my wife would forget they aren't ours lol. Got 2 beautiful Nigerian Dwarfs (one in that pic) 3 weeks old we will be letting go of soon, and by we I mean me and a disgruntled wife

Don't do that, my wife would forget they aren't ours lol. Got 2 beautiful Nigerian Dwarfs (one in that pic) 3 weeks old we will be letting go of soon, and by we I mean me and a disgruntled wife
Sheash, I’d hope that would be the case.

Honestly, we are downsizing from 12 or so to 6. Three provided all the milk we could use last year so we are keeping four nannies and two bucks. Feed costs are too high as is medicine to keep more.

Obviously can’t believe it yet, not doom and gloom but the last time the euro showed the goods it went 100’s of miles NW. I’ll get tempered excitement inside of 3 days.

Back