• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

we haven't even had a consistent storm stay on majority of modeling under day 7 this winter so for right now, yes. Just pattern looking better for now.
Pattern recognition mode. Like usual
Agreed... but punt mode is after you've recognized the pattern will 100% suck so you turn off the computer for a week. I think I'll keep watching the models for now.

gfs_asnow_us_65.png

Obviously taking everything from the long range GFS with a mound of salt at this point. It’ll most likely show a completely different solution at 12z. Ensembles aren’t showing anything close to what the operational is showing storm wise, other than a trend toward a potential favorable pattern.

That being said, I have had a cabin in Little Switzerland booked for February 1-5 since November and the potential has my attention. I have gone from anticipating rain and temps in the 50s to the prospect of getting snowed in, or having to adjust my arrival date so I can even make it up there. Could be an interesting couple weeks seeing how this unfolds.

1673970029299.png
That’s really close to a front end thump for me. I’ll have to watch closely

Back