• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

We’re gonna have to pull off a bigger miracle than the Jags did against the Chargers last night to get a good pattern between now and mid February
Do you buy lottery tickets? Why would you do that? You know the odds but you still buy them anyway. It's because there's always a chance. That's what people want to hear. Tell them what they should be hoping for... not just how bad everything is going to be.

Do you buy lottery tickets? Why would you do that? You know the odds but you still buy them anyway. It's because there's always a chance. That's what people want to hear. Tell them what they should be hoping for... not just how bad everything is going to be.

If I was a betting man, I’d wait until the last week of February at least or early March here. That’s also when we hit our climo peak for big storms (even though the chance of snow is still decreasing).

From Webber is saying we need to start sharpening our mower blades and stocking up on sunscreen. Atleast it will warm. ?‍♂️

Hard to read the pattern after mid Feb, but if the SSWE is successful at cooling off Eurasia and the MJO comes out the Maritime Continent, that might get us going & re extend the Pacific jet again/get rid of the -PNA. I can see hints of that already near the end of the extended GEFS as we approach Feb 20 w/ the trough out west retrograding all the way back to Alaska and pumping the heights near the West Coast again. We’ll also have rapidly shortening wavelengths by late Feb, so we should get some different looks by then and significant reshuffling of the deck.

We’re less likely to see snow at that time of the winter, but more likely to get a big storm in late Feb-early Mar. If you think there’s gonna be a storm this winter, that’s where I’d place my bets for now.

It just takes one pattern switch to turn this winter into something (good) to remember. The 12z GFS has a dream look for the last 10 days of its run.
<just one of the depicted events>
View attachment 130307

<last 10 days of the run>

200w.gif

Hard to read the pattern after mid Feb, but if the SSWE is successful at cooling off Eurasia and the MJO comes out the Maritime Continent, that might get us going & re extend the Pacific jet again/get rid of the -PNA. I can see hints of that already near the end of the extended GEFS as we approach Feb 20 w/ the trough out west retrograding all the way back to Alaska and pumping the heights near the West Coast again. We’ll also have rapidly shortening wavelengths by late Feb, so we should get some different looks by then and significant reshuffling of the deck.

We’re less likely to see snow at that time of the winter, but more likely to get a big storm in late Feb-early Mar. If you think there’s gonna be a storm this winter, that’s where I’d place my bets for now.
Awesome. There’s nothing like depending on late Feb and March for a snowstorm. I think it’s been like 12 or 13 years since Atlanta has a scored in that timeframe.

@Tarheel1 spaceX launched one tonight and it was one of the most spectacular launches yet. Visible as far north as Maryland. The view here was aawesome and then it lingered spread out for a long time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230115_181459_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230115_181459_Messages.jpg
    601.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20230115_183715_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230115_183715_Gallery.jpg
    285 KB · Views: 14
Can you list em? ??
1) We are desperate for cold and snow
2) I'd like to see some snow
3) February snow is great with later sunsets and less staying power
4) To prove someone who thinks they have all the answers wrong