• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

be skeptical of any highly specific forecast for more than a few days into the future regardless of the source. Predictions for things like the exact timing of precipitation, the exact amount of precipitation, the exact temperature or exact wind speed at a specific time several days or more into the future can be subject to large errors. More general forecasts several days (or even weeks) into the future can still be accurate and useful, however.

lol. my general forecast is no substantial snow storm outside the mountains in SC/NC/GA this winter. alabama tn ms northern fl yes

KATL is currently sitting at +11.3F above the new January average thus far with the GFS forecasting below. This has essentially been March for all intense and purpose. Calculating these forecasted, temperatures KATL would be just a shade under +10 for the month, making a solid run at first, if not the second warmest January on record. Also, no lows at or below freezing, I'm sure that would be a first. At least we're getting plenty of rain.

View attachment 130031
This is about the most depressing weather graph I have ever seen. This month has been simply ridiculous. There has been NOTHING wintry about it. I mean this is ridiculous for an area not South the 30th latitude.

Back