• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

The main difference between this pattern and the snowstorms of 2018/2004 is that in 2018/2004 the SE Canada vortex looked to be a feature of the long wave pattern, and there wasn’t much room for that to budge. The SE Canada vortex in this pattern looks to be a transient synoptic wave caused by the phasing of two s/w’s.

I’m not buying any of the snowy models yet because ensemble support is too lackluster. In addition, models almost always overdo phasing and amplification (especially the Euro).

There’s always lots of volatility in the handling of those waves, so I would expect to see a lack of consistency in the coming days with that 50/50 low. This is our greatest chance for snow all season east of the Apps, but that’s not saying much.

Yeah, admit ensembles don't look great to me....but Euro and Ukmet combo keeps making me look. The SE Canada vortex always seems to move out of the position we need it in closer to go time. Being over a week out, you just know it's not likely to stay in position come verification. But I'm a weenie, so I track.

Yeah, admit ensembles don't look great to me....but Euro and Ukmet combo keeps making me look. The SE Canada vortex always seems to move out of the position we need it in closer to go time. Being over a week out, you just know it's not likely to stay in position come verification. But I'm a weenie, so I track.
Don't waste your time man. We have our 15 minute window on deck on 1/29.

Euro and GEFS both showing the storm on the 13th! And that would be about 10 days away from the severe weather we had here Wednesday! It's happening, folks! Get ready for the boom!
Here we go. You've bought into a long range storm again. See you in here in a few days again asking why the models are always wrong on fantasy snows. ?‍♂️

Seriously, just have to keep an eye on this the next couple of days to see if a real chance materializes for a winter storm around the 13th.

00z GFS appears it's not gonna do it. To warm!
prateptype_cat-imp.conus.png

Back