• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Well, that was quick and painless, lol. Nah, I actually have a Boone cabin trip planned for MLK weekend so I'm still a bit interested in next week. But my guess is we get a big ole rain bomb considering the lack of cold air.
Meet me in boone that weekend I’m gonna be up there if it still has support up there by Monday

Almost always need a solidly cold airmass in place for a widespread SE winter storm. It's why I personally always want to see the cold likely in place first, with the possibility of a storm. Because 9 times out of 10 (maybe 49 times out of 50), when you have the storm likely with the only possibility of cold air, you get a nice cold rain for most of us.

Anyway, we still have a couple of minutes later on this month before the pattern goes to pot.
I think the pattern has already gone to pot. Can't wait until it gets much worse. That should be really interesting. Maybe the ridge will be so far west that we are under northwest flow?

It's gonna be hilarious when we completely flip the Pacific pattern in February and the Eastern US still ends up torching
ice-cube-oshea-jackson.gif

Anybody considering booking a trip to the mountains should reconsider visiting the great city of Albany. Or maybe beautiful Syracuse? This thing's gonna crush interior NE. Who needs Boone when you have Pittsfield, MA?
My 12 hours in Syracuse a few years ago was the longest month of my life.

Back