• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

If we score anyway outside of the mountains it’s going to have to be with some upper level cold pocket help. Big ask but there’ll be some fun NAM runs if this look holds ???

Well the 3 days of winter we had at Christmas was fun
I’m counting my blessings that I got over 2 inches of snow with the 2 systems Christmas week. I knew going into this winter for middle Tennessee it was going to be about an 80% chance of seeing 3 inches or less of snow this winter. I base this off of the averages of getting 3 winter’s in a row with big snow totals and the chances are slim to none. Since I’ve lived here in 2006 I’ve never had 3 winters in a row where at least 5 inches of snow has fallen. Of course it has happened a number of times but that was way back in the 60s 70s and maybe some years in the 80s.

Snow totals last 3 winters.
2021- 12.5 inches
2022- 19.5 inches
2023- 2.25 inches

If I can somehow get another 2.75 inches of snow this season I can experience 3 winters in a row like they got in the old days. It’s going to be hard though with this ---- pattern we are in and no end in site. February is actually my snowiest month though so who knows. Who’s up for a Fab Feb winter miracle?

Back