• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

I don’t remember the last time we had an upper low enter Southern California and trek across the country and give us snow.

6CD1DCD6-ABA0-40C9-9367-326997DEE6D4.png

This is what the GFS did to us before Christmas. Beware. I would love for the euro to be right. I'd take my 7" of snow/sleet and tip my hat to you all to my west getting two feet. But many more changes coming, for the good and/or bad.

This is what the GFS did to us before Christmas. Beware. I would love for the euro to be right. I'd take my 7" of snow/sleet and tip my hat to you all to my west getting two feet. But many more changes coming, for the good and/or bad.
Valid but this time around it’s the euro giving the goods .. maybe it’s got more credence or maybe not .. ??‍♂️

Can’t wait to be in central Kentucky to miss the one foot plus snowstorm at my house…
Yes I will be in Kentucky from the 10th to the 15th.

I can see how the backside stuff is hard to get excited about right now especially when it's relying on the stale, not so cold core from the 5h low, but I think we have much better odds of scoring on the front end with CAD if the confluence, 50/50 configuration is there. We can score from that even if the storm is weak/shredded or if it's amped and tracking farther north than we'd like.

I can see how the backside stuff is hard to get excited about right now, but I think we have much better odds of scoring on the front end with CAD if the confluence 50/50 configuration is there. We can score from that even if the storm is weak/shredded or if it's amped and tracking farther north than we'd like.
Yep that's what I would focus on right now, placement/strength of the High, setup of CAD, and cold air feed. It's still too far out for the storm details.

if this is still showing up by sunday-monday, then Im def gonna get something in boone. Im not missing out on this one. only way i stay back is if the euro solution becomes a trend, but this look, is near golden for the mountains

Boy when this one falls apart this place is going to be insane! It looks bleak afterwards and Feb is not what you want to depend on in a La Nina. Anyway, I'm hoping for the best like the rest of you. It has more legs than the Dec 23rd system that only the GFS had. At least this one they have taken turns showing the storm and having the Euro is good. But ill wait until inside 120 hrs to go all in.

Back