• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

metwannabe... I won't clog up the other thread, but dude posted disagreeing with me first.... I'm not allowed to point out that he was wrong? How will he learn?

This isn't whamby. this is explaining the similarity between ICON and Euro since we have to extrapolate the Icon post 180hrs. Geez... Notice the near identical 50/50 placement and strength at 168hrs.

View attachment 129440View attachment 129441
I’ll do as moderators say. Again we all know what 50/50s do that still doesn’t mean the pattern can’t be progressive. That means 50/50 moves out quick as well. Also a big reason the euro was productive was the strengths of the upper level low over our storm. That helps cool us down even more. Notice the much warmer thicknesses scooting further north in Tennessee. Means WAA will thrive creating mostly rain. Along with our high pressure much stronger on the euro.

I know a 50/50 is absolutely needed for us to succeed we all know this. My only claim was that the 12z icon was not going to be a major cad event as the euro shows at 12z.

metwannabe... I won't clog up the other thread, but dude posted disagreeing with me first.... I'm not allowed to point out that he was wrong? How will he learn?
There was a lot of back and forth with your posts. There is a fine line. We try to do our best. It was starting to seem personal and dominate the thread a bit. No worries.

Then the deformation band falls apart right when it gets to MBY, lol. I hope everybody gets cold rain.

Last edited:
I’ll do as moderators say. Again we all know what 50/50s do that still doesn’t mean the pattern can’t be progressive. That means 50/50 moves out quick as well. Also a big reason the euro was productive was the strengths of the upper level low over our storm. That helps cool us down even more. Notice the much warmer thicknesses scooting further north in Tennessee. Means WAA will thrive creating mostly rain. Along with our high pressure much stronger on the euro.

I know a 50/50 is absolutely needed for us to succeed we all know this. My only claim was that the 12z icon was not going to be a major cad event as the euro shows at 12z.

This is not personal, but your claim was incorrect, lol. the Icon may not have had the backside action with the deepening low, but it definitely was going to have the great CAD feed similar to the Euro on the front side of the storm. It's not even debatable really.

Amazing how my county (Halifax) and Wake Co have almost identical rn/sn lines (not only with this modeled system but many times in reality). NW corner of Halifax almost a foot while SE corner barely a dusting, same as Wake. That line rarely fails

Back