• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Well since some people have their next possible winter storm to track… and winter seems to be over around these parts lol when is the next possible severe storm coming… honestly it hurts to even ask that question knowing well I rather see snow ❄️

That's a tough place to get snow. Just like the Carolina's Atlanta doesn't do well with clippers or anafrontal. And most of the time the CAD that saves the Carolina's a lot doesn't reach Atlanta. Atlanta to Augusta to CAE is brutally painful for snowlovers.
While it’s true the CAD doesn’t get this area below freezing that often anymore, my area northwest of the city usually gets at least five trace events per winter from troughs. We had 12” in 2017, 11”in 2011, and 15” in March of 93 from individual storms, which isn’t horrible.

Looks like after the threat, we go back to a very warm pattern as the pacific jet flattens, and everything gets chopped off in the fast zonal pattern. It’s a very similar evolution to jan 2020. We better score later next week
Careful now. You'll get laughed at and clowned by weenies for stating the obvious ???

I believe winter is over and it's only jan 4th. I will hold out until Jan 25th and if things still look bleak, I'm 100% throwing in the towel. I highly suggest yall do the same lol. We got lucky the last two winters, but unfortunately our luck ran out it seems. We probably get our annual April cold blast when it's too late in the season for us folk down south lol

I believe winter is over and it's only jan 4th. I will hold out until Jan 25th and if things still look bleak, I'm 100% throwing in the towel. I highly suggest yall do the same lol. We got lucky the last two winters, but unfortunately our luck ran out it seems. We probably get our annual April cold blast when it's too late in the season for us folk down south lol
We have a totally different sst configuration in the pacific than last winter. Last winter was more lean towards east based niña, which started slow but gained traction fast. I called last winter with accuracy when I noticed the sst configuration was east based, which held most of the winter?

How is that different from the political forum?
It really wasn't started to be political, that is what the political thread is for. That thread just became another political shouting match, it became more about political opinions and less about actual events, so it was locked.

It really wasn't started to be political, that is what the political thread is for. That thread just became another political shouting match, it became more about political opinions and less about actual events, so it was locked.

Yeah I thought it was made clear to not make it political all along. I know it was a sore subject but it did last awhile without being that...

While it’s true the CAD doesn’t get this area below freezing that often anymore, my area northwest of the city usually gets at least five trace events per winter from troughs. We had 12” in 2017, 11”in 2011, and 15” in March of 93 from individual storms, which isn’t horrible.
We’ve had a few rough years but rarely do the NW burbs not get the ground covered in a season.

Back