• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

So for several days now at least, the Pacific jet is forecasted to retract substantially in the very long range. If verified, perhaps this is the beginning of a pattern change for the last third of January/early February?

And, do any of our resident long-range gurus have any updates regarding the hoped-for stratospheric warming event progress?

gfs-ens_uv250_namer_65.png
From what I've heard we have a better chance of seeing unicorns riding flying pigs but what do I know

Rooting for the ski resorts big here. Need a Hail Mary for those guys. I’ve conceded mby but my car cranks and I still know how to shred a Diamond. ?

Anyone have a side discharge AC/heat pump installed? Getting quotes to replace my downstairs and this is what they recommended. It's a multi-stage, whatever that is, and "better". Expensive too.

I remember Forsythia blooming when I was at home for Christmas break during HS and college not sure this warmth is a new thing
You have a home and went to school? I always thought you just existed so long as this forum did. You are the forum Shane!

You got to go where the snow falls. It ain't gonna be in Georgia, my friend. Sophia, NC looks good. I wonder if they have any Air BnB's there?
I don't understand these type of comments. We had snow in a worse setup before. Just look at February 2020 for example. Teleconnections sucked and we got several inches of snow. Ideally I would prefer it colder so it would stick around longer but we can't be too picky at this point.

People going all-in on one set of model runs thinking that's where the snow (if the system verifies) will be exactly... Happens every year. If you're within 1000 miles of the low as it is right now it's possible. The wave either flattens out, slows down, speeds up, tilts too fast and cuts in the end, any of those. For mid Jan assuming winter is just over is not even rational.

I don't understand these type of comments. We had snow in a worse setup before. Just look at February 2020 for example. Teleconnections sucked and we got several inches of snow. Ideally I would prefer it colder so it would stick around longer but we can't be too picky at this point.
Yes, I chased that one. It was rain in Atlanta, mixed to rain, sleet and snow in Doraville, then all snow in Roswell and Alpharetta. The key is when the pattern sucks, be prepared to go mobile to get your snow fix. That was the last accumulating snow that I've seen, too.

Yes, I chased that one. It was rain in Atlanta, mixed to rain, sleet and snow in Doraville, then all snow in Roswell and Alpharetta. The key is when the pattern sucks, be prepared to go mobile to get your snow fix. That was the last accumulating snow that I've seen, too.
It's been kind of crazy to see years without much and then years where we score. Every 3 years for example 2011, 2014, 2017, 2020 so will 2023 be next? Guess we will see.

Back