• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

F Duke Energy. Corrupt company arm of state government. Hope they collapse. Honestly as harsh as this sounds the grid collapsing from the cold might have been the best... could have led to Dukes demise and better practices. Instead they will cover up and put more bandages on as they have always done. Maybe a summer heatwave can knock it out

F Duke Energy. Corrupt company arm of state government. Hope they collapse. Honestly as harsh as this sounds the grid collapsing from the cold might have been the best... could have led to Dukes demise and better practices. Instead they will cover up and put more bandages on as they have always done. Maybe a summer heatwave can knock it out

The biggest issue I had with them yesterday was when they said that conditions got colder than expected… I thought overall the cold snap had been very well forecasted by all outlets for the entire week leading in

At least its Jan 4 and not Feb 4. I've always thought that Jan 15-Feb 15 was our best period for winter weather.
If it was Feb 4, it would be better to not see cold showing up, if the previous month was cold. When it's Jan 4 and there is no cold and you know February is going to roast, it is so much worse. When we get to Feb 4 and there was no cold or winter in January and we see constant April temps and rain, it is going to be ok, because reality has had plenty of time to sink in.

Back