• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Y’all seen the lightning strike at JR Motorsports this morning? Brad P has it posted on FB, it’s pretty crazy

I don’t have time to go way back through the threads, but this time last January what was everyone talking about pattern wise in here? Was it looking good at this point? We’re we already seeing signals of the January 16th storm?
This time last year Nashville was 2 days away from this. The pattern was kind of flip flopped compared to this winter so far. Very warm December followed by cold January, especially nights. It’s been the exact opposite this winter.
262E5FDA-2EAA-48FF-8AC9-54FECB14661F.jpeg8C68D6C7-4927-44BD-9F56-B8440177B5B9.jpeg773A57C8-0CF3-41CE-9A06-8C8AA783AB9D.jpeg

It just feels more intense to me than it normally does this time of year.
I noticed it was very intense recently here in Birmingham. I just thought that I forgot about what it felt like this time of year since I haven't been here in about 4 years. I don't remember it being this intense in the Carolinas.

As @Myfrotho704_ & I have been saying for a few days, the pattern + analogs generally can support a mountains & foothills paste bomb, which is what the GEFS is hinting at.

Outside of that, I'd be pretty skeptical for now.
If such a foothills paste bomb were to materialize, where would one best experience such an event, that doesn't require a four wheel drive vehicle to access?

Lol Meteomark has made quiet a name for himself all across weather platforms. Got to be the biggest weenie on the planet. Impressive stat considering I never saw him until this year.

Hmmm.

ec-fast_T850_us_11.png
It's already too far NW... next

Back