• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

It’s funny cause most people in the south including NC don’t see the potential to snow at all or even have a good pattern until after December is done and through. Now it’s like it just won’t ever snow again ever! Especially during the months where it’s more likely for it to snow for us in January and February. Very funny group we have here. We’ve gotten snow every winter so I’m not worried. We will see more cold patterns and we will see more snow chances. We also will see warm patterns and we will see rain. And we will see wedges cold cold rain wedges. And we will see trends to warm and then we will see trends to cold (whether those trends are good or bad for whatever you like). Every winter. Every year. Always happens. It’s just about having the patience to see it all unfold. Just keep in mind if you’re looking past 270 that look on the models will always change as you get closer. That’s all. Goodnight!

we will also see another above average winter across much of the SE. Because torches outweigh the cold. Always

we will also see another above average winter across much of the SE. Because torches outweigh the cold. Always
If one is looking for snow it'll probably fall from the sky at some point for most. Just a matter of whether the winter is way below average snow, average snow or above average snow. I'll lean below average like usual so I'm not disappointed. Average is a bonus. I've given up on well above average. Double digit years do not happen at my location anymore.

I had 12 pars one time and still managed to shoot an 87.
---- happens lol. I had a round last year where I made the turn in 34 and promptly posted an 11 on the 10th hole. Ended up with a 79 that day ?. My game can be a bit chaotic because I hit it far and putt well so on good days I can make a lot of birdies but I can also be prone to wild drives and some short game disasters. Handicap is currently a 1.2. Usually I’m between 73 and 80 (course rating 76) on my home course. But I’ve shot in the 90’s in the past year lol.

My home course https://golfcrandon.com/course-details/

Last edited:
---- happens lol. I had a round last year where I made the turn in 34 and promptly posted an 11 on the 10th hole. Ended up with a 79 that day ?. My game can be a bit chaotic because I hit it far and putt well so on good days I can make a lot of birdies but I can also be prone to wild drives and some short game disasters. Handicap is currently a 1.2. Usually I’m between 73 and 80 (course rating 76) on my home course. But I’ve shot in the 90’s in the past year lol.

My home course https://golfcrandon.com/course-details/
I hear you. I hit it far and have good short irons so my putting tends to do me in. I can be fairly wild with the driver at times. Used to be 7 handicap before kids. Now I’m lucky to break 90.

Back