• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

mjo looks good in 8,1 and 2 but pacific hose sucks
I'm not seeing it. Looks like they all peter out in the COD, which means there's not much influence from that signal, unfortunately.

GEFS.png

ECMF.png

That said, I'm not going to worry too much about a prolonged torch that eats up most of the winter. A warmer couple of weeks is likely. After that, who knows. I highly doubt this will be another 1989.

I'm not seeing it. Looks like they all peter out in the COD, which means there's not much influence from that signal, unfortunately.

View attachment 128858

View attachment 128859

That said, I'm not going to worry too much about a prolonged torch that eats up most of the winter. A warmer couple of weeks is likely. After that, who knows. I highly doubt this will be another 1989.
As much of a torch enthusiast I am, we’re gonna revert to a cooler pattern when the pacific jet calms down.

Yep exactly, the reason why I was frothing over the last pattern was because, it had the ability to produce snow, but I didn’t. Some good patterns just don’t produce. the cold was absolutely miserable, it was cool for the 1st day but I got old quick. I mean who enjoys that sort of stuff ? The outdoors is essential to one’s health, vitamins and just mental health. and 60 degree weather is perfect outdoor weather. Next week and a half looks good for that. I’m happy. When I start seeing a look that supports snow on ensembles, I start to post the maps everyone loves again.

Man, Im listening to "Summertimes Calling Me" by the Catalinas, dreaming of sand and Palm Trees at North Myrtle Beach with a cooler slam full of alcohol. Then a short drive to "Cumulonimbus Conway" to watch a seabreeze storm, then grilling out T-bones, roasted vegetables for dinner.

The only good thing about cold air is our turbos make more noise!!! ;)

If you want to get a good idea of what this pattern potentially has in store for us through mid month, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to look at the Decembers of strong-super El Niños (1877, 1888, 1896, 1902, 1905, 1918, 1925, 1930, 1940, 1941, 1957, 1965, 1972, 1982, 1987, 1991, 1997, 2009, & 2015). Not a complete shutout overall, but in general it’s not a good pattern for a big snow & it’s certainly a pretty mild & wet look for most.
Didnt central NC have a good ice storm in Dec 1987?

Back