• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Falls in the novelty category because most of it melted by noon, in Charlotte at least, but this was a nice little Saturday morning event in March 2017 (map courtesy of Webb's site). No map for South Carolina but looks like Greenville reported 0.5 inches that day according to the NWS with more down towards the coast. Also had quite a few trace events in 2018 in mid-late March, and of course the freak snow in Union County on April 2, 2019.
march_11-12_2017_nc_snowmap.png

Falls in the novelty category because most of it melted by noon, in Charlotte at least, but this was a nice little Saturday morning event in March 2017 (map courtesy of Webb's site). No map for South Carolina but looks like Greenville reported 0.5 inches that day according to the NWS with more down towards the coast. Also had quite a few trace events in 2018 in mid-late March, and of course the freak snow in Union County on April 2, 2019.
march_11-12_2017_nc_snowmap.png
That’s why snow is usually trash after february 20th. I’ve never seen one hang around any period of time

Definitely been the case for the past decade or so. The best snow I've experienced in my life was on February 26, 2004. 20" will stay on the ground a few days, even if it's 60 degrees lol.
That one melted pretty quick in Gastonia as I recall. It was pretty much gone in a day and a half. 3/1/09 had a bit more staying power.

That one melted pretty quick in Gastonia as I recall. It was pretty much gone in a day and a half. 3/1/09 had a bit more staying power.
Yeah I remember school in CMS was only out a couple days. It snowed on Thursday and I had a math competition at UNCC that Saturday that didn't end up cancelling.

Definitely been the case for the past decade or so. The best snow I've experienced in my life was on February 26, 2004. 20" will stay on the ground a few days, even if it's 60 degrees lol.
It will definitely stay on the ground a few days in the shaded areas.

I have zero confidence in any type of winter weather after about February 21. Even during a good year. It’s hard to hang your hat on noteworthy spring climo winter weather events.

I would tend to agree, post Feb 15 is the beginning of spring lately. However, the unicorn of the strat warming is hanging out there so I guess there's a 1% chance still. Plus I have another Boone trip March 1 weekend, so I track.

Last April 18...LOL Up to 6 inches above 1500'. Previous home 20 miles NNW of Winchester. About 1100'.

Attachments

• FQphrNsXIAEtNlE.jpg
    FQphrNsXIAEtNlE.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 17
Tough crowd, didn't know we had the fortune to be snow snobs
It’s pretty comical. No one lower then 3k in the southeast should be a snow snob, if they are, they either need to move or find a new hobby.

thinking bout going to maw n laws house in sedalia missouiri.next week gonna wait and see if models will hone in but as for now not even sure bout there....thoughts???

As long as the I-95 corridor gets jobbed, I am fine with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This 100% the GFS still blanked I95 until way out in fantasy land. I'd love to see DC to NYC finish the year with less than an inch of snow. I know how unlikely that is though. Their window is a lot longer than ours.

Back