• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Winter 22-23 Whamby and Banter Thread Part 2

Can’t believe some of you guys dig this weather, I’m not having a good time today
You know how the grinch wants people to be sad, inactive , not outside , not gathering and all miserable? These cold weenies the same , they just want nobody outside so they can feel good about constantly staying inside. ?

Now we're cooking lol.
fv3-hires_ref_frzn_seus_60.png

Duke Energy let everyone down today. Yes it could have been worse.

Sad to see NC become the new Texas Ercot.

Pandering to liberal whining climate huggers has got to stop.

Fire up the coal plants, build more nuclear reactors and drill drill drill.

They let all these Yankees move in and overbuild now their grid can’t handle the demand. Wait til we have a big overrunning snowstorm with a week of cold behind it. We’re going to see some serious problems. This was nothing. My mom
still has no power and my local gas company has an entire side of town without natural gas because they didn’t keep enough pressure on the lines. I think they underestimated the demand and were being cheap. Now they’re going to have to go around and light pilot lights for the next couple of days. I’m glad this little event exposed a lot of these energy companies. This was necessary.

I’m not going to argue with you because you’ll just call my supervisor at work, Karen.

Peeps. I'm all for discussing Duke pooping their pants today but if you want to discuss it from a political/GW perspective there are better threads than whamby. Thanks

Perhaps, but idk if liberals are the problem

Peeps. I'm all for discussing Duke pooping their pants today but if you want to discuss it from a political/GW perspective there are better threads than whamby. Thanks
Can we discuss it in the stonk thread? #NatGas to the moon Monday ?

Thank god I don’t have Duke. I’m on Lauren’s Electric and I can’t remember the last time I lost power. Best energy company around here.

Perhaps, but idk if liberals are the problem

Look into the cancer cluster around Lake Norman. There’s several duke plants in that region and people have been coming up with an extremely rare cancer in multiples.

Look into the cancer cluster around Lake Norman. There’s several duke plants in that region and people have been coming up with an extremely rare cancer in multiples.
Lol I know. They paid some people off on that one so they don’t get in trouble . The result is “ not conclusive “ or that there isn’t even a cancer cluster there. The state is in bed with them. They sold coal ash to developers that built houses on it all. Now they are denying it actually is causing cancer or that there even is a cancer cluster

Back