• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2024-25 Discussion

My first impression of this winter looking at drivers - warm across much of the country, especially the SE. the best chances of BN temps and more snow would be the central/northern Great Plains and upper Midwest
So a carbon copy of the last two winters; regardless of the drivers and patterns. It's the new norm unfortunately.

Idk guys what if this year turns out like 70-71 67-68 13-14 10-11

I would kill for 10-11 here. Still the biggest snowstorm Tulsa has ever seen

Even 67-68 was big here for recent standards

All those years had above average snow

Reactions: SD
My winter prediction is @Stevo24 gets banned this winter after he goes 3 years without a flake! I may end up joining him 🤣🤣🤣
What usually gets me banned is when we are close but no cigar and it gets to me and I start acting a fool. However I don’t believe we will even get any close calls this year so I think I’m safe. I’m actually leaning towards it never snowing again here. I think it’s a real possibility.

NCSnow winter outlook is to avg slightly AN temp wise D,J,F. Below normal qpf and snow climo.
Big story item for this winter will be an Artic outbreak. Probably only 72-96 hours max as the PV only briefly gets dislodged, before going back an getting wound up tight. Shot at a 0 low outside mtns in NC. As dry ground will allow max radiational cooling last night of outbreak as winds go calm.
If you get the grass covered east of the mtns,go buy a lottery ticket next day.
Now even though its La Nina. We can always whip up a 2013. You never know with LR wx forecasting.
Winter will be no worse than the past 2 winters. That I can gurantee.
If u got money. Book a trip to Valdez Alaska. This pic was from there. Only snows about 300-500 inches a year right around that town.

1723947459155.png

Back