• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2024-25 Discussion

You’ll have a much better chance than me in a strong -PDO/La Niña. Here in the deep SE, I’m fully expecting another mild winter. But winter is still my favorite season, regardless.

La Nina has been the winter story here last few years so yeah I just hope it's not all in one week in January with the rest of the winter an absolute torch

Like I said after that disgrace of last winter I'm not believing anything but I agree i don't see how it can possibly get any worse either. I mean we nearly hit 90 in February we didn't even beat it til April I think... March never hit 80 but it was too late to matter at that point
La Nina’s are good for us! Let’s go! 36” or bust this winter! ⛄

Take some deck pics again for all of us that are bound to be in a snow drought! You got a good amount last year.
What kind of pics?

dorothy gale what GIF

I bought a condo in Beech Mountain and am moving there full time in Sept. I hope my first winter is a complete white out with consistent negative temps and 40 mph winds. And no, I'm not joking.
There will be a lot of that for sure. Congrats!

I bought a condo in Beech Mountain and am moving there full time in Sept. I hope my first winter is a complete white out with consistent negative temps and 40 mph winds. And no, I'm not joking.
Yeah, that's the place to be (..for the SE). I own a small vacation (/ kids college) house near Boone (Elevation ~3600'). But its winter weather is nothing compared to Beech Mountain. I've seen a foot of snow on top of Beech but only a half inch at the house. It's a cool little town as well. A few shops. For your major shopping you'll want to go down to Banner Elk or Boone (as you probably already know).

Less impactful than normal? Hopefully not less impactful than the last few years.

Ben Noll
@BenNollWeather
·
17h

Depends where you live, but the early signs aren't looking great for a snowy winter in the south or east.It's early and things can change, though.

Unfortunately, whether things look great or bleak, it doesn't matter all that much. We've been on the struggle bus with the MJO the last few years.

Unfortunately, whether things look great or bleak, it doesn't matter all that much. We've been on the struggle bus with the MJO the last few years.
I’d rather go into winter looking bleak!! Everytime they predict blockbuster cold and snow in the east, it’s failboat city!

I’d rather go into winter looking bleak!! Everytime they predict blockbuster cold and snow in the east, it’s failboat city!

Yeah the snowy predictions never work out here either. That's another reason I'm still mad about last winter because everyone said it would be better

Back