• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2021-2022 predictions

Core of the cold and snow over the GL region seems good to me. SE on the wrong side of normal, and he even has the MA around normal as well as much of the NE. I'd say it all looks pretty reasonable at this point. I didn't click the link though. So there may be more there that I'm missing.
I agree especially with this lead time there are some things conflicting for winter. Going normal for most of the US with cold in the northern plains makes a lot of sense until there is a little more clarity

I agree especially with this lead time there are some things conflicting for winter. Going normal for most of the US with cold in the northern plains makes a lot of sense until there is a little more clarity
Plus, it fits with a -EPO, which we've seen a decent amount of in recent years. I'm guessing we'll see that show up again. And I also think we'll see several favorable blocking periods. Unfortunately, I also think we fight plenty of -PNA.

Plus, it fits with a -EPO, which we've seen a decent amount of in recent years. I'm guessing we'll see that show up again. And I also think we'll see several favorable blocking periods. Unfortunately, I also think we fight plenty of -PNA.
The Pacific has been the biggest fly in the ointment over the past 5 years for sure. It seems like we can score a rogue system occasionally when other things are going against us, but not if the pacific isn't favorable. Hopefully, we can get some decent timing and get a good event or two.

That’s a good thing… we don’t need a super super cold and harsh winter… hell electric bills is plenty high enough already

This winter will produce a major winter storm for Charlotte (4”+)
I’m sure about that, if I’m right I get a free shirt next spring even tho I’m probably gonna buy the nam one before anyways
Lol you might want to pm me about shirts not sure you'd ever get them if you go through the store lol

My current winter thoughts rn. Near average temps to above normal temps, dryer than normal. Basically nina climo. Though I won't be surprised if we see a cold snap in the vein of the one last year in the SE.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Think we get a repeat of last year with most days in the upper 30's to lower 40's for a majority of winter. Hopefully a couple winter storms. Overall a typical cool to cold CAD and rain filled winter like usual.

Hot winter. Minimal winter wx threats. Onset icing events will be the only tease south of 85 gets inside the 90hr timeframe. #NatGas

The Cfs on tidbits is a total dumpster fire for winter. Save yourself don't look and just believe me, it's worst case scenario if you like any type of winter weather
How good is the CFS seasonal model. I know it typically does ok for the month ahead during the last few days of each month, but other than that it always seems pretty clueless

How good is the CFS seasonal model. I know it typically does ok for the month ahead during the last few days of each month, but other than that it always seems pretty clueless
Just a couple of weeks ago it was cold for winter so it's pretty volatile the further at from D0 you get.

It's even having some pretty big changes over the last few days for September

Back