• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2019-20 Discussion

This is one of those winters where the gulf would be in business and the jet stream dips with low riders across the gulf coast with intermitent cold pushes, well, one can hope.

That was a great sleet storm for me, but I could smell the rain through the whole event. I'm in the orange zone in extreme north Wake county.
View attachment 24768
That’s basically what NE Charlotte looked like last December with the big storm in the early part of the month. Sleet fest FTL

That’s basically what NE Charlotte looked like last December with the big storm in the early part of the month. Sleet fest FTL
We've debated this in the past, but I enjoy a good sleet storm as much as a good snow storm. **of course if you're working with limited QPF, snow is the preference.

We've debated this in the past, but I enjoy a good sleet storm as much as a good snow storm. **of course if you're working with limited QPF, snow is the preference.
Sleet is like wanting Transformers for Christmas and getting GoBots. I mean, they're fun to play with. But when your boy down the road gets Optimus Prime, and you get Optimal Grime, it takes a little bit of the luster off.

Edit: But don't get me wrong...GoBots are better than cleaning the bathroom. That's for sure!

Last edited:
Sleet is like wanting Transformers for Christmas and getting GoBots. I mean, they're fun to play with. But when your boy down the road gets Optimus Prime, and you get Optimal Grime, it takes a little bit of the luster off.

Edit: But don't get me wrong...GoBots are better than cleaning the bathroom. That's for sure!
This is one of the best posts I've seen in a long time!

bfaaaf9120a0a71c18a03663dca7c86f.jpg

Current snow cover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we can't have the COLD, I just hope it's near by especially in the NE/E.Canada so it can be tapped for the CAD regions!!! If all else fails like usual, that's my winter HOPE! But I wish for a board wide COLD/WINTRY Winter..............
I'm not in a good CAD location. A little high and too far west. Now, just 8 miles east and 1k ft lower, not bad. I'm all rain or snow. 40s here when upper 20s in CAD areas. Inversion

This has me rethinking my well above normal thoughts for winter. The one thing I am starting to really like is a potential period or 2 of high amplitude Pacific ridging that is in the right location to turn our region cold and possibly deliver a storm

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

This has me rethinking my well above normal thoughts for winter. The one thing I am starting to really like is a potential period or 2 of high amplitude Pacific ridging that is in the right location to turn our region cold and possibly deliver a storm

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

SD, i still believe mid-end of November will be the time where the good weather forecasters will really start to have a good idea on winter. Not many thought after mid December it would change and never get favorable again last winter.

Back