• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry Winter 2018-19 Discussion

Now compare the above pic of the actual warm winter with the Euro DJF forecast issued in Nov: there couldn’t have been a worse bust for the entire country as it was warm where it was forecasted to be cold (E US) and it was cold where it was forecasted to be very warm (W US)(I still suspect the very warm Atlantic had a lot to do with the screw up):

ecmwf_seasonal_201812_z500a_DJF_1.png

Now compare the above pic of the actual warm winter with the Euro DJF forecast issued in Nov: there couldn’t have been a worse bust for the entire country as it was warm where it was forecasted to be cold (E US) and it was cold where it was forecasted to be very warm (W US)(I still suspect the very warm Atlantic had a lot to do with the screw up):

View attachment 17167
Oh I don’t know...the Pioneer might be worse. Anyway, I’m going to go ahead and submit my winter forecast for next year. +3 to +7 across the entire SE with most of the region seeing 20% of their annual snowfall.

View attachment 17167
Pretty much an opposite for sure. What a disappointment this winter was. Onto the next seasons.

Back