• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Severe Two-Part Severe Weather Threat 1/19 & 1/21 - 1/22

It still "feels" cool outside. If we get any sunshine that wouldn't be good. Plus I want to see if the HRRR trends a bit north with the stronger LLJ like the 4km nam or if the 4km nam trends south toward the HRRR

The weather over the past few days should serve as a stark reminder that Georgia and places to the east aren't immune from the terrible impacts of severe weather/tornadoes. I know that we occasionally feel like that we are less vulnerable than places like Mississippi/Alabama, but that's a very sad line of reasoning to mentally adopt.

It still "feels" cool outside. If we get any sunshine that wouldn't be good. Plus I want to see if the HRRR trends a bit north with the stronger LLJ like the 4km nam or if the 4km nam trends south toward the HRRR

Looking like the WAA should really start cranking in the next few hours.

Man all our of out Georgia and SC members need to be on alert today . Oh and Tony , I think he is in NE Florida

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There is quite a risk in parts of Northern FL too. NAM/HRRR getting temps close to 80 in areas.

The 11 Fatalities report was in a tweet from Marshall Sheppard...
WSB Just announced the 11 fatals and 23 Injuries per Georgia EMA as I was typing

New nams push you into the 70-75 range with dews in the mid 60s

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

The 11 Fatalities report was in a tweet from Marshall Sheppard...
WSB Just announced the 11 fatals and 23 Injuries per Georgia EMA as I was typing

WALB is now reporting that two were in Brooks County, two in Berrien County, and six in Cook County. I think that you would have to go back several decades to find a storm that produced more tornado related deaths in this area.

Ya that could be bad. Super bad. Skies are "lighter"
Probably don't want to see this on the NAM 3KM. Shows highest possible Helicity over northern Bibb county.
uh25_max.us_se.png

WALB is now reporting that two were in Brooks County, two in Berrien County, and six in Cook County. I think that you would have to go back several decades to find a storm that produced more tornado related deaths in this area.
Feb 13, 2000 Outbreak in same basic area Killed 18.

Feb 13, 2000 Outbreak in same basic area Killed 18.

The February 13, 2000 outbreak was more towards the Albany area. If you've ever lived in South Georgia, you know that there's basically a demarcation line in terms of climate between the general Valdosta area and the Albany area. Storms routinely weaken in intensity between the two locales and this is highly unprecedented for our area.

This is going to be a long day for sure. Never saw the high severe weather risk coming for anywhere today. Not sure what is going to happen up here as the low looks to pass close or directly over North Georgia. Looks like we will have a small band that will form and cause some problems. The NAM thinks there will be long track tornadoes today as well. Stay safe everyone!

Back