• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Hurricane Debby

11am update shows it as a DEPRESSION in Erwin
151626_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

...DEBBY LIKELY TO STRENGTHEN RAPIDLY BEFORE LANDFALL IN THE FLORIDA BIG BEND REGION... ...MAJOR FLOOD THREAT LOOMS OVER THE SOUTHEASTERN UNITED STATES...

11:00 AM EDT Sun Aug 4
Moving: NNW at 13 mph
Min pressure: 992 mb
Max sustained: 65 mph

Kid lives right at Lockwood Folly. Let me know if you come across any tide gauge, flood etc web sites, to keep tabs on things. Im looking now, sure they are out there and I think you are in Brunswick County, when you moved, correct? Thanks in Advance!
Yeah I'm 1 mile or so west of the brunswick river in leland.

Ah, I think I see why the GFS is bringing Debby back in to GA. If you look at the projected 500 mb vorticity maps, the GFS weakens and fills the circulation rapidly, causing it to respond to the low level wind fields. If you compare it to the ICON output, you can see where it remains tightly wound up and strong, getting influenced by upper level steering currents. The question becomes how quickly Debby weakens over land and how strong she gets while over water.

Back