• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Wintry The Webber/1300m/Kylo/Jon/Whatalife Storm January 12th-14th

For now it looks like a winter mix to rain scenario in upstate sc and north east Georgia. There will be other trends and looks every run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah the FV3 is not as good as the old GFS for CAD. Still plenty of time to change.
The earlier run of the FV3 was better, though. Probably going to be some back and forth with things until we get inside 72 hours. Good thing is there is a storm signal and we have potential.

Yes, there will be colder air to tap in from the northeast, because there is snow pack in southeastern Canada.
Someone posted this map earlier today but we'd like to see that snow cover much further south to really help out with any CAD....
scover.gif

At this point I don’t believe we’ll see drastic changes with our southern wave. The northern piece still has plenty of wiggle room

At this point I don’t believe we’ll see drastic changes with our southern wave. The northern piece still has plenty of wiggle room
I don't disagree, seen the northern stream save us or screw us more than a few times and always seems to be the last thing to nail down....

Someone posted this map earlier today but we'd like to see that snow cover much further south to really help out with any CAD....
scover.gif
That didn't seem to be a problem last month at least for NC. Southeastern Canada and NY is much colder this time around as well.

That didn't seem to be a problem last month at least for NC. Southeastern Canada and NY is much colder this time around as well.
I believe the high was in a little better location but I am may be wrong, certainly it can work without the snow cover and current weather don't care about climo I know..... but just generally speaking a nice snowpack further south than what that map shows is more ideal, more of an added insurance policy lol

Plus remember that rn/sn line didn't make much southward progress with the Dec storm either

I believe the high was in a little better location but I am may be wrong, certainly it can work without the snow cover and current weather don't care about climo I know..... but just generally speaking a nice snowpack further south than what that map shows is more ideal, more of an added insurance policy lol

Plus remember that rn/sn line didn't make much southward progress with the Dec storm either
Oh I don't doubt it helps quite a bit. By the end of the month it will definitely be better for tapping the cold with less modification.

It was a 1035 high over PA to OH
48da1fb3b5d8a8ca8de307dc7adc8373.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12z EPS has the low much further south and east. You can see the weak anomaly down off of the eastern coast of FL.
0c0ae0d490371ce2488cc1f0a52791df.jpg

At this point I wouldn’t take any run with a grain of salt until we are in the 96-120 hour window. There is too much variability from run to run and northern stream waves are always incredibly difficult to model accurately more than 72-96 hours out. Once we are inside the 120 hour window I would look at the Euro and FV3 blend as they did quite well with the early December system.

Anyone have 18z members to post? I'm busy ATM

Back