• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

Well it looks like 00z models are much more wet in the extended ... things will go back and forth but this looks classic summer pattern with a bit more storm coverage than isolated

The NWS had backed off on rain chances for S. FL's East Coast as models were underwhelming due to the position of the upper-level low stretched out over the Bahamas. Consequently, NWS Miami went with a 30% chance tonight, and 60% chance tomorrow. However, over the last 6-12 hours, the 500Mb vorticity has consolidated into a more circular and concentrated area located south of Keys, and there's weak spin at the lower levels circulating around it. It's actually looking more like a Tropical Feature. In any event, any movement further W, or NW, will bring the Bahama convection on the NE and E side of the ULL into the Metro Areas.

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 2.19.39 AM.png

At 3:00AM, scatter areas of showers are streaming through my area. The Closest station is North Perry Airport in Hollywood. Looks like moisture is going to be lifted from the Caribbean to Florida, and then moisture is going to squeeze into GA to Central and Western North Carolina.
Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 3.01.57 AM.png

Last edited:
i need something. that .4" last weekend aint gonna cut it.
Yeah not gonna lie, the weekend event was a little underwhelming. Although I did pick up .8, my dad 1.1 miles to my east only received .3 and some just to my south got zilch.

That helped me barely cross the 1" threshold for the month of May, so yeah a good soaker would be nice still

Reactions: SD
Yeah not gonna lie, the weekend event was a little underwhelming. Although I did pick up .8, my dad 1.1 miles to my east only received .3 and some just to my south got zilch.

That helped me barely cross the 1" threshold for the month of May, so yeah a good soaker would be nice still

I know i can't really complain too much, i had 2 storms in the first week of may, but had nothing since then until this past weekend. But I know it's not just my perception, as I have huge cracks running all through the clay in my back yard.

Back