• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

Went from a nice disturbed look at H5 to a heat dome with icon showing low-mid 90s, Ew View attachment 84627
You can already see the pacific ridge retrograding on the icon. Another short term bout of heat followed by a backdoor front and potential wedge in mid June

You can already see the pacific ridge retrograding on the icon. Another short term bout of heat followed by a backdoor front and potential wedge in mid June
This is turning into Melbourne Australia but worse , see they hit 110 then the next day have a high of 60. We hit 90 and then get 5 days of 60s and a frost. I propose dumping freshwater in the Labrador current and shutting it down so that crappy cold water from Greenland stops fueling these nasty back door fronts .

This is turning into Melbourne Australia but worse , see they hit 110 then the next day have a high of 60. We hit 90 and then get 5 days of 60s and a frost. I propose dumping freshwater in the Labrador current and shutting it down so that crappy cold water from Greenland stops fueling these nasty back door fronts .
I'm not sold on the wedge idea honestly. You can see how we could get there as the western ridge/trough couplet retrogrades the ridge over us should too which would open the door to slide something into the NE and send backdoor front onto our area. The more likely solution may be a beating down and flattening of the ridge

Last edited:

You get any NE wind and it would cool off quick.

e434c9faf8b61c2ff8006c173c0a35f2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What happened in 1993?
The summer of 1993 was very hot and fairly dry to start east of the Apps. I remember CLT had a few days of 100 degree heat late June and early July. While that was happening the central part of the country was getting drenched and a huge flood was occurring all along the Mississippi River. As the summer went on it did start to get wetter over the southeast.

Back