• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

If you get a 594-597 ridge on top it will not matter how humid it is or the amount of cape. July 1995 comes to mind here. Dewpoints close to 80 with not even 1 cloud in the sky.
Depends on energy to, you can definitely get storms under those heights if there’s some sort of weak piece of energy embedded in there, no energy tho yeah it’s hard to get anything

If you get a 594-597 ridge on top it will not matter how humid it is or the amount of cape. July 1995 comes to mind here. Dewpoints close to 80 with not even 1 cloud in the sky.
That was one summer I thought would never end.

I can almost see it now .. we good amount of real relief and even a bit of a drought buster this week with storms... yay everyone’s happy and sd’s grass gets f’d with h2o. Then the dome of heat resides over us and the impulses out west and East are far enough away so we get little to nothing again. This will begin to bring back our drought and eventually we get to a point where the moderate drought extends to a much larger portion of the SE maybe some extreme drought becomes Apparent in areas... by now we are in the later medium term into the long term and this is where I think we see long lasting relief from some tropical influences and flows ... I believe then we recover back to a normal state ... just my ideas as of now but let’s just rack up as much rain as we can get this week just in case

I can almost see it now .. we good amount of real relief and even a bit of a drought buster this week with storms... yay everyone’s happy and sd’s grass gets f’d with h2o. Then the dome of heat resides over us and the impulses out west and East are far enough away so we get little to nothing again. This will begin to bring back our drought and eventually we get to a point where the moderate drought extends to a much larger portion of the SE maybe some extreme drought becomes Apparent in areas... by now we are in the later medium term into the long term and this is where I think we see long lasting relief from some tropical influences and flows ... I believe then we recover back to a normal state ... just my ideas as of now but let’s just rack up as much rain as we can get this week just in case

Didn't you say a few days ago that you saw no reason for us to worry about drought? Now you're flipping around like the models. Lol. There is literally nothing that screams extreme drought in the SE this year. Even the Climate Prediction Center agrees. I am not saying we're not dry, because we are. But ultimately, I think we will be fine.

Didn't you say a few days ago that you saw no reason for us to worry about drought? Now you're flipping around like the models. Lol. There is literally nothing that screams extreme drought in the SE this year. Even the Climate Prediction Center agrees. I am not saying we're not dry, because we are. But ultimately, I think we will be fine.
Last week I for sure was all on board of the not worrying about drought as models gave no clue as for us to worry about it.. I still honestly believe it’s not going to be a big problem .. we actually go the opposite direction in this next week as I think almost will ge the rains they need to not be worried ... after that there’s some questions and so that’s where I stay wary to say we won’t have any drought problems moving forward but at the same time the dry period is still medium to long range so it has the chance to adjust to a point where we don’t have to worry.. if it stays dry and we stay in between the two impulses perfectly to the point where we get nothing with the combined heat? Yeah I could see drought then beginning to expand and maybe a few areas getting into the extreme drought category for a little ... don’t think that would be widespread at all though

Back