• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

The June Thread 2021

Low 80s for June isn’t too bad I guess. Makes for good late night walking weather.
The only time low 80s are good in the summer are when you have a tropical airmass in place and we get daily showers and storms. These summer cold fronts with endless sun, high sun angle, and low dews does nothing but bake moisture while taking 5-7 days to recover moisture wise

The only time low 80s are good in the summer are when you have a tropical airmass in place and we get daily showers and storms. These summer cold fronts with endless sun, high sun angle, and low dews does nothing but bake moisture while taking 5-7 days to recover moisture wise
Sun angles in the high 70s bake that earth real well!

Sun angles in the high 70s bake that earth real well!
Indeed. Don't get me wrong a break in the heat isn't a bad thing but as a whole other than how it feels outside summer fronts don't move the needle for me. Seems like the majority over the last few years have been dry passages for mby as well.

We’re popping the ridge so much it starts moving out west! Love to see it and there’s that tropical influence I was talking about a day ago or so that I think will give us big rain chances later down the road .. at least things aren’t looking hot anymore ?

We’re popping the ridge so much it starts moving out west! Love to see it and there’s that tropical influence I was talking about a day ago or so that I think will give us big rain chances later down the road .. at least things aren’t looking hot anymore ?
Idk if I like the ridge that tall that’s a easy setup to get something around the GLs at H5 that cold fronts us and keeps us dry

Renegades to the east, blob of rain to the west, and we will wind up with a 2 mile wide line coming through this area that will give a brief shower.

Renegades to the east, blob of rain to the west, and we will wind up with a 2 mile wide line coming through this area that will give a brief shower.

You just described 99% of cold fronts that reach S. FL in winter and spring. It's the worst fate imaginable for a weather weenie. The only notable events are the record-breaking high minimum temperatures. And records were tied or broken like 100 times last year, so it's lost its novelty.

I mentioned last night that the Western and Central areas of NC would receive the heaviest rain cause the ridge squeezes tropical moisture into those areas from the SE and then SSE. On the NAM, it looks like a Seabreeze fronts from the SSE pushes into the area on Thursday and Friday around 10AM to 4PM. It's very noticeable at hour 32-33.

Last edited:
Back