• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

The apps rubber and cutters are lined up one after another on this run! Not a good pattern on GFS. Yes, we are not 20 degrees above normal, but watching cutters and runners for a week or two, will get old49F28B51-DD50-4DC7-95B4-4834C78CA9D1.png

Let's bring this baby home
gfs_asnow_seus_30.png
Lol, this map is more Nashville than hot chicken and bachelorettes.

As many of us said earlier, it may not bring snow to many of us in the SE but yikes... You dont see this often and with this much consensus. Look at that leaf. GFS is a sharper western trough from going '93 nuts.

Attachments

• gfs_uv250_nhem_29.png
    gfs_uv250_nhem_29.png
    366.5 KB · Views: 79
I'm liking what I'm seeing on tonight's 0z GFS and CMC. The timing is still off with the 2nd S/W (imo.) But the the timing with things are slowly getting there. I still think that 2nd S/W will start moving quicker, catching up to the tail end of the first wave. I'm not agreeing that the high sliding out first, and then the low pressure comes about. Soon as the strong high pressure slides southeast from Canada, I have confidence that a low pressure will develop on the tail end of the first (overrunning wave) underneath the strong high. I have calculated that arctic high will have an air pressure mean value of 1040mb as soon it drops down out of Canada. I have chosen the 0z CMC 500mb(vort) verses the 0z GFS for the 2nd S/W because it has the wave in the ideal location. That S/W that I circled in black would be the major winter storm according to my predictions. I'm still going with my original prediction, we would start seeing the beginnings of the low development early as Wednesday down in the Gulf of Mexico. View attachment 27326
@WxWatch due you think areas further south lets say I-20 south have a chance to see something if this storm verifys

Strong coastal just inland gulf (Florida) convection maybe it will help rob most of the moisture.

That’s one way to get it done. Timing was impeccable on the 06z.. I would be shocked it matches reality View attachment 27331
That's one heck of a wedge.... temps here in the low 20's with a pronounced sleet sounding during most of the event. Starts as a little snow and ends as some freezing rain. Temps never get up to freezing. Wow... Let's see what the king has to say in a little bit.

Back