Pattern The Great December Dump

• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!
Typically I would say yes given precedent. However, in these marginal cases I have seen the off hour models pick up on the trend first that leads to a different outcome. 12Z models will be interesting.

Op Euro is going the wrong way for several runs now. It would be surprising, very surprising if the GFS were to beat the Euro at this range. This is really a day 3 modeling deal...we will know by day 3 if there is enough spacing between the digging trough and the southern wave.

Euro.gif

I`m a little confused here. I've been working 6 days a week lately so I have been trying to keep up before and after work. Are we honing in on first wave or the second one on Friday? Also didn't the Euro run from couple days ago the first to show anything for late next week? I would imagine if the GFS/NAVGEM/CMC/JMA are going in on the CAD sleet/freezing rain solution late next week the Euro will possibly reverse back around maybe not to that extreme, but within that range. Friday is 6 days away, we're technically not in the Euro's wheelhouse yet. If the Euro hasn't reverse course by Monday, perhaps 12z Tuesday it's likely a done deal. I can't trust the Goofus and it's clownish allies to score a coup. lol

Reactions: accu35
To that end, here's the week of Christmas from the CFS:

cfs-avg_z500aMean_nhem_3.png

Just small differences make or break this. Latest 6z EPS vs 6z GEFS

View attachment 27344View attachment 27345

seen many cases like this where the vort max ends up becoming stronger in NWP in the short range so I’m hesitant to discount the GEFS atm. A stronger shortwave would also result in said wave slowing down which is what we want to score here to create more separation. The EPS northern stream evolution with a stronger southern stream wave like the GEFS shows would be ideal.

seen many cases like this where the vort max ends up becoming stronger in NWP in the short range so I’m hesitant to discount the GEFS atm. A stronger shortwave would also result in said wave slowing down which is what we want to score here to create more separation. The EPS northern stream evolution with a stronger southern stream wave like the GEFS shows would be ideal.
Our s/w should be adequately sampled by tomorrow’s 12z runs, I’m sure that will help in some regard