• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Interesting trend on this GFS run, the high in MN, is 1038, as it moves into WI, it’s a 1041, little trends, but interesting!

Where’s the moisture!???E3F8E4E9-BB66-44DB-9504-0A411D839B5F.png

This run looks better we were able to keep the high around a little longer might be in for an interesting run....
gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_fh156_trend.gif
But after this the high moves out and the low moves immediately NNE through central GA, SC, and NC?‍♂️

Last edited:
Let's bring this baby home
gfs_asnow_seus_30.png

A few more degrees difference and timing little better than that second storm will be a dream come true for us weenies

dew points are solid enough to get the job done prior, but low track is atrocious. That unfavoranle
ridging isn’t going anywhere. DP’s go up in flames. It’s not as close as precip maps make it out to be. We might have a chance or two in February. I wouldn’t completely give up hope yet

That second piece of energy starts to phase later, and that's actually why it starts tracking up. But I'm looking at the 500 mb maps, and although I'm tired, it doesn't look like there's many ways for it to stay shoved down in the gulf and track west to east, IMO. The northern pieces of energy would need to get in front without interacting to keep it down.

There might be an icing problem anyway to start out though. Doesn't take a lot for problems.

Back