• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Brad P made a good point on a video he just posted on youtube. It's not really about the pattern next week, it's more about setting the stage late next week. After next weekend, I think we really get into the favorable pattern then. Seems like an eternity away I know.

Brad P made a good point on a video he just posted on youtube. It's not really about the pattern next week, it's more about setting the stage late next week. After next weekend, I think we really get into the favorable pattern then. Seems like an eternity away I know.
Wanna post the YouTube link???

Cmc not bad, unfortunately it’s the CMC, i been looking at it lately, it’s been bad EBF97AF6-7C22-48A1-87B9-D960222AC5A6.jpeg

Pretty good support for Tennessee on GEFS
GEFSMA_prec_snens_126.png

Gefs looked a little bit better at H5, also little not as important but the precip maps have increased for a icy threat in CAD areas8F39F7A2-E363-42DE-9D39-D13321815406.jpeg

Im not sure we want Dec to be different than previous Decembers given the last 2 were epic.
That depends on location. December 2017 was epic for parts of the deep south and mountains of NC, but absolutely sucked for those south and east of I-85. December 2018 had snowfall farther east into NC, but absolutely sucked for the deep south. Aside from the early month winter storms, temperatures were generally above-normal with no frozen precipitation. The last time we had a truly good December was 2010.

SE Cold wx enthusiasts will largely not like the 12Z GEFS for midmonth because it is much warmer than recent runs.

I dont look past a week out anymore it’s pointless . The ensembles are all over the place. The gefs is always too cold and the EPS has been too warm lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That storm late next week definitely looks interesting. Its definitely about the timing, GEFS is a bit more excited about it

Gfs is trending to leaving more energy behind instead of it getting absorbed, this allows moisture to run into cold (overrunning), and it’s this allows a more classic overrunning look vs a anafrontal look, certainly the separation helps View attachment 27235

Yea obviously still not great but better. Digging the shortwave more or amplifying it are a few ways we can slow the entire thing down and give us a solution that tends towards Miller B instead of a piss-poor anafront w/ cold air chasing moisture & having the cold high failing to build in time.

gfs-ens_z500a_us_fh72_trend.gif

Back