• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Any previous CAE to CLT Dec events?

As far as I can tell, even in cases where both CAE & CLT get snow in Dec, at least one gets screwed over relative to the other. When CAE scores big, so does areas like KFAY & the I-95 corridor of NC for ex w/ the heaviest snow staying well SE of Charlotte.

I think this event in late Dec 1935 is the closest we've ever gotten to seeing both CAE & CLT getting cored by the same storm in Dec.

December 22-23 1935 NC Snowmap.png

As far as I can tell, even in cases where both CAE & CLT get snow in Dec, at least one gets screwed over relative to the other. When CAE scores big, so does areas like KFAY & the I-95 corridor of NC for ex w/ the heaviest snow staying well SE of Charlotte.

I think this event in late Dec 1935 is the closest we've ever gotten to seeing both CAE & CLT getting cored by the same storm in Dec.

View attachment 26400
Even though it wasn’t December, I always consider Feb 2010 as a good benchmark perfect track for the CAE area for snow. We were the jackpot spot in that storm, got 8.6 inches.

Even though it wasn’t December, I always consider Feb 2010 as a good benchmark perfect track for the CAE area for snow. We were the jackpot spot in that storm, got 8.6 inches.
yea that was a great one! I was just 20 miles north in blythwood at the time and got right at 11 inches

18z GFS doesn't really bring any snow to the SE but that snow cover is very encouraging
gfs_asnow_us_65.png

Back