• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Idk bout a winter storm but it’s a step in the right direction fasho View attachment 27034

Yep, interesting indeed.

Oh and the second threat the GFS is showing would coincide with the probable threat just after day ten on the 12z Euro.

Big western ridge plus PV lobe over the Hudson is game on signal for things to at least track.

I’m not a fan of next week because I think most will be shutout with a cold rain. There could be some snow in the higher elevations but I’m not buying widespread ice that takes a unique setup which is somewhat rare when talking places like Atlanta, Charlotte or Raleigh. My confidence is very low for wintry weather but a small chance exists for now but I think mostly north of i40.
You know there’s a whole world out there beyond I-40. I could see you sounding the “Wilkes and points north” in November and April but we are entering a climo favored time period where really anybody on this board can see frozen precipitation. It snows south of I-40 sometimes

I'm not sure what to think (yet) about that energy that comes flying in over the central Plains at 18z Friday that gives NC snow by Saturday. I think it's having difficulty with the vorticity, cause it seems like it's all over the place now. This is why I don't use just one or two models ?

Edit: Other than that random peice of engery that comes flying in, tonight's 0z GFS is on the right track.

Some big ones so far
GEFSSE_prec_ptypens_228.png

Back