• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Not trying to call anyone out and I know there is excitement but let's remember that we have banter and whamby threads so we aren't cluttering the main thread.

Thanks

Additionally there isn't going to be a thread yet. We can discuss that idea late in the weekend if the models have something.

Finally be careful what you wish for here. The euro was about as strong as we can get without looking at a failure. If the models start consolidating energy and trending toward the euro we will have to be concerned it goes NW
Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Not trying to call anyone out and I know there is excitement but let's remember that we have banter and whamby threads so we aren't cluttering the main thread.

Thanks

Additionally there isn't going to be a thread yet. We can discuss that idea late in the weekend if the models have something.

Finally be careful what you wish for here. The euro was about as strong as we can get without looking at a failure. If the models start consolidating energy and trending toward the euro we will have to be concerned it goes NW
May I start the thread when you or another admin/moderator gives me the authorization to do so? I'd like to plan out what day and what time the thread can be created in advance that way I can put some thoughts together for the thread.

May I start the thread when you or another admin/moderator gives me the authorization to do so? I'd like to plan out what day and what time the thread can be created in advance that way I can put some thoughts together for the thread.
Sure, if the 12z runs Sunday have a legitimate threat go for it.

If they dont you can kick the can down the road to each 12/0z set.

It would take less work to change than it would the GFS’s solution, not bad a run, even with a miss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it’s close, if the SW was a bit slower then game on, I would consider that run as a step in a right direction, it wouldn’t take much to change It like you said

I’m not a fan of next week because I think most will be shutout with a cold rain. There could be some snow in the higher elevations but I’m not buying widespread ice that takes a unique setup which is somewhat rare when talking places like Atlanta, Charlotte or Raleigh. My confidence is very low for wintry weather but a small chance exists for now but I think mostly north of i40.

My main reason is the weather leading up to next weekend does not favor wide icing. After seeing Boone, NC struggle with accumulating snow with temps near 29 I highly doubt low elevations will see much ice where it matters (roads).

My main reason is the weather leading up to next weekend does not favor wide icing. After seeing Boone, NC struggle with accumulating snow with temps near 29 I highly doubt low elevations will see much ice where it matters (roads).
Boone struggled with accumulation because the moisture dried up. Roads were dry in Foscoe most of the day.

Back