• Hello guests. Please take a minute to sign up and join in the conversation. It's free, quick, and easy!

The Great December Dump

I love your passion man, when it comes to winter weather in the south, we can only hope for some magic. I really hope we can see something out of this. Keep doing what you do, great job.
Thanks! Yeah man, I have deep passion for winter weather forecasting/predicting.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

12z Euro has some snow mixing in down to the I-40 corridor over Tennessee at day 8 but that's about it.
It looks like it would be interesting for interior areas on day 10; storm coming up from the gulf with a strong wedge of cold/dry air. But that's day 10... and if you looked at the details (just for fun) the high looks to be heading too far eastward.

But everybody is saying Dec wouldn’t torch?? Just normal to slightly above? I mean 60s/80s seems a little torchy for December
Warm biased (giggity) Euro was only showing mid 60’s in the upstate. Don’t worry about our rivals to the east. They are built to withstand 80’s in mid December!

It looks like it would be interesting for interior areas on day 10; storm coming up from the gulf with a strong wedge of cold/dry air. But that's day 10... and if you looked at the details (just for fun) the high looks to be heading too far eastward.
Yeah it really depends on the timing of this s/w that enters California in about 5-6 days & the preceding cold press. If we can get a bigger shot of cold air &/or the s/w doesn't dig quite as much into the southern US as the Euro shows, it could be game on.

ecmwf_z500a_us_fh144-240.gif

But everybody is saying Dec wouldn’t torch?? Just normal to slightly above? I mean 60s/80s seems a little torchy for December
That's why it's never a good idea to take in what these models show beyond 7-10 days. The percentage of accuracy is much greater on these models in the short to mid term. Long range, it could go either way.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

GaWx

Supporter
Good news for torch haters: the 12Z EPS is cooler than the prior run for 12/11-15 in the SE. It is now solidly B rather than barely B on 12/11-12, though not near the MB of the 12Z GEFS. Also, the torch of 12/13-15 on the 0Z EPS has been cooled to only a semi-torch on the 12Z. Finally, a baby step or two colder was taken by the mighty EPS! I'll take this run!

They're almost the exact opposite lol. I'd actually take either one, the Euro we get severe weather & a nice spring day or two, we keep chances of wintry weather around w/ the GEFS. Unfortunately, in between (i.e. cold rain) is usually what ends up verifying :(

For the 2nd year in a row I’ve received 2 minor snow events by the first week of December. In fact last season I even got freezing rain after the 2 minor snowfalls a few weeks later. unfortunately it didn’t matter as we all know how the rest of the winter played out for most Last year. But this is a new season and I have a feeling this winter will be better than last!!

This is what I woke up to this morning.

Attachments

They're almost the exact opposite lol. I'd actually take either one, the Euro we get severe weather & a nice spring day or two, we keep chances of wintry weather around w/ the GEFS. Unfortunately, in between (i.e. cold rain) is usually what ends up verifying :(
As cold biased as the GEFS obviously is, the only reason I'd give it credence here & not immediately throw it away is because we've seen that pattern ad nauseam the last several years and the EPS is sometimes too quick to eject the E-SE Canada vortex out of the continent. I'd still personally take the EPS here

As cold biased as the GEFS obviously is, the only reason I'd give it credence here & not immediately throw it away is because we've seen that pattern ad nauseam the last several years and the EPS is sometimes too quick to eject the E-SE Canada vortex out of the continent. I'd still personally take the EPS here
Yeah it seems if we are going to do any shoveling this winter we need to hope for the 2015 route.

Which the last 2 weeks of Feb 2015 was really good.

compday.9vrj1R3wwR.gif

I'll take "No way it can cut with that high pressure there" for $1000.

Seriously, when was the last time the GFS was right, dropping a nearly 1050 high into the midwest? I wish it would nail one for once.
It did nail that December storm right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk