• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

Looks like lows forming on the tail end of frontal boundaries, is a real thing this year! If we get a cold enough shot, I like our chances!View attachment 26582
The precipitation pattern is pretty good and the propensity for southern-tracking systems and coastals is definitely a good thing. We really need to get pretty deep into December before we worry too much about frozen precip. If we continue to see the precip/storm trends that we're seeing now, I agree with you about our chances.

cee6188a7078a72f134b0fb4704ecd45.jpg

Good video to watch and I agree with 99%. Best part is around 10:30ish...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Thanksgiving, from your friendly GFS fantasy clipper!F1F29D5B-21C6-4A37-B26A-2A6651318018.png

Well we’re literally a few days from December lol

What I meant to say is that by December 10th the CFSv2 will be close to showing the actual December temps, what it shows in November will likely be wrong. Seems most every month it gets the following month wrong as a forecast but it's hind cast is pretty good :p

What I meant to say is that by December 10th the CFSv2 will be close to showing the actual December temps, what it shows in November will likely be wrong. Seems most every month it gets the following month wrong as a forecast but it's hind cast is pretty good :p
The cfs forecasts of the following months temperature at the end of the preceding month are actually not bad at all, there are innumerable examples of this

The cfs forecasts of the following months temperature at the end of the preceding month are actually not bad at all, there are innumerable examples of this

There are certainly instances where the CFSv2 monthly forecasts at the end of the month bust, but the last 2 forecasts for October & November at the end of September and October respectively have been excellent.
Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 9.08.35 AM.png

cd75.184.25.237.331.7.56.47.prcp.png

Screen Shot 2019-11-28 at 9.08.25 AM.png
ANOM2m_fcstMTH_ntham.png

Good news is looks to be cool wet weekend for most. Heavy snow for Boston, looks like they will be starting off met winter with a big snowfall.

ecmwf-ensemble-avg-east-total_precip_inch-5439200.png
ecmwf-ensemble-avg-east-total_snow_10to1-5439200.png

Hopefully something to this

It isn't getting better for Dec as we close out the month.

View attachment 26599
You mean we don’t want all of earth’s cold air bottled up at the pole?..?? At least it’s on the right side of the globe..Am I wrong in thinking this would bode well down the road if we can get that vortex to spin and strengthen towards the pole before winter actually starts?

You mean we don’t want all of earth’s cold air bottled up at the pole?..?? At least it’s on the right side of the globe..Am I wrong in thinking this would bode well down the road if we can get that vortex to spin and strengthen towards the pole before winter actually starts?

Honestly, I don't see anything that bodes well for the immediate future. Hope is climo takes over for February. Hope I am wrong though and it's sooner.

Honestly, I don't see anything that bodes well for the immediate future. Hope is climo takes over for February. Hope I am wrong though and it's sooner.
3 backloads in a row! Awesome

Here’s a food CFSv2 example of a flip cold the last 3 days of runs that actually verified. This model can be run the last 3 days of the prior month and verify just as well.

c6b3d54844075ce08b244739c42d6625.jpg

f01b87b3ccb87647e4e6844bce538674.jpg

So yeah, not a good sign it got rid of the cold trends to end the month. We’ll be lucky if this trends near normal, but history tells you to expect a warm dec...
580e18698e386c2222f1035c2e6a1a2e.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back