• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern The Great December Dump

eb1823dc3e858e668eb54eb129954c11.jpg

This could trend colder. And better as we get closer. This one is worth watching for sure as the Canadian had it suppressed. A lot of changes will take place if we can keep it around the gulf coast I like the potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eb1823dc3e858e668eb54eb129954c11.jpg

This could trend colder. And better as we get closer. This one is worth watching for sure as the Canadian had it suppressed. A lot of changes will take place if we can keep it around the gulf coast I like the potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
50/50 low is not in the right place. If we get it to head into the right location, that would be a nice storm. Lots of time to trend better.

The timing of that 50/50 low and a S/W would need to be just right. If a deep 50/50 low comes into places first, a storm system would likely not form. Perhaps one would form after the 50/50 low kicks out, but then it would probably warm ahead of a S/W. A 50/50 can mean a significant east coast snow storm (SECS) but there's no guarantee. If an SECS occurs, bombogenesis can occur far south as the Mid-Atlanic. I have a feeling that time frame is right for something to possibly occur as well. I haven't seen enough consistency for my liking - consistency is your friend. The pattern does though look like something good could happen for that time though.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
A 50/50 low is always good for us in the SE. it doesn’t keep a storm from forming. It also acts like a -NAO to keep the storm track south.

A 50/50 low is always good for us in the SE. it doesn’t keep a storm from forming. It also acts like a -NAO to keep the storm track south.
A 50/50 low can be good for us, but not always. It can shear out short waves in the southern stream (preventing a storm system to form) or even suppress system's too far south. Yes, a 50/50 low does enhance a -NAO.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

50/50 low is not in the right place. If we get it to head into the right location, that would be a nice storm. Lots of time to trend better.

lol it’ll probably trend worse just based on how hard it is to get snow around here. Have heard this sentiment before. *Hopefully I jinxed it.* Would like to see what @Webberweather53 thinks about it.

17th still possible snowstorm?

This takes us thru about Dec 20th... Dare I say, there's a very small chance we end up below normal this Dec given many areas will only be 1-1.5C above with about 10 days to go in the month?

This analysis + 7 day forecast anomaly map certainly looks a lot better than it did a few days ago.
ANOM2m_fcstMTH_ntham (3).png

This takes us thru about Dec 20th... Dare I say, there's a very small chance we end up below normal this Dec given many areas will only be 1-1.5C above with about 10 days to go in the month?

This analysis + 7 day forecast anomaly map certainly looks a lot better than it did a few days ago.
View attachment 27904
Two below average months back to back ... stop teasing us Webber! It can’t be true..... ?

Back