• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Sweatember '22

I wished we'd get a noticeably cooler change in temps but that is just a dream. Every year it stays hot on through October. CPC shows above average temperatures on through November. They show the same thing almost every year. Frost seems to be coming later each year also.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
To be fair the average high here is 82 or so on September 15th so it’s not like September is supposed to be a cool month. Usually get that first cooler front in late September and then one last heat wave going into the first week or so in October. I do remember October 2019 starting off as a scorcher though!

To be fair the average high here is 82 or so on September 15th so it’s not like September is supposed to be a cool month. Usually get that first cooler front in late September and then one last heat wave going into the first week or so in October. I do remember October 2019 starting off as a scorcher though!
When I was growing up we always got the first good cold front sometime between September 15 and 30 every year.

I mean we didn't totally lose rain chances Monday Tuesday Wednesday are ok. After that you could make up a hand full of scenarios around the trough/phase in the north east and the ultimate cutoff to the west ends up. I mean its not impossible we get wedged in here with highs in the 60s/70s or have low 90s highs with full sun so there is a wide range

GFS has a long stretch of 100°+ days in the Dakotas and Minnesota. Just insanity. Most of us in the muggy soup of Augtember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September does look like the 3rd driest month, but that's like calling the Chattahoochee the third driest river, all months are relatively close in numbers. I want to know how the NOAA calculates the new normals, because they openly admit they throw some -------- in there. When I calculated Atlanta's new July average, it was 89.5F for 1990-2020. I can't remember what I calculated for January, 53. something.

1662218084506.png

Last edited:
Back