• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Pattern Swamptember 2021

I'm going to say somewhere around 15 total for his area. He's probably on the high end of that 10-15. View attachment 90012Had me between 15-20 and 18.65 was it.
I’m guessing he got 13 inches or so , essentially close to what’s average . Of course when it comes to summer though even our average rainfall is not enough to compensate for the amount of evaporation that happens , we would need to average a bit more . Maybe down by the coast where they average more like 18-20 inches JJA it balances out a little more but still probably not even.

Not bad totals at all for anyone it seems. It did appear feast or famine and there were dry stretches throughout that tested both of our yards.
Yeah looks like most of the region was close to normal but like you said the long dry periods were/are tough. We certainly didn't do like we did last year where big heat was often associated with big rain.

I’m guessing he got 13 inches or so , essentially close to what’s average . Of course when it comes to summer though even our average rainfall is not enough to compensate for the amount of evaporation that happens , we would need to average a bit more . Maybe down by the coast where they average more like 18-20 inches JJA it balances out a little more but still probably not even.
Yeah if you take a conservative day to day ET rate of .15 you get needing around 14 inches for summer. Accounting for different soil types/loss to run off you are probably more in the 16-17 inch range

I got about 17 inches or so in JJA, but about 10 inches of it occurred in July. I figure at least one of the SON months will have below normal rainfall. This swamp fest has to end somewhere down the line!
Dang I figured you would have got close to 25". Wasn't there a major flooding event in your area ?

Back