• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Summer Sizzlin Whamby Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s how you get tornadoes in the SE in June, lol
Climo at this time argues for higher instability, which is another thing to add on View attachment 20022View attachment 20023
Itll probably change some in next runs but that's a deep low and in favorable position for severe weather. Yep climatology at this time of the year is less wind shear and higher cape. But if you bring in a deeper low wind shear increases some.

I always thought the Euro was the best long range model lol. Isn't the upgraded/better GFS supposed to come out later this summer?

I always thought the Euro was the best long range model lol. Isn't the upgraded/better GFS supposed to come out later this summer?

The FV3 is unfortunately (imo) scheduled to become operational late this month if I'm not mistaken. Whether or not it will end up as a "better" GFS remains to be seen as I didn't at all like what I saw this winter. I think it could end up worse. I know it had an awful cold bias. Hopefully that has been fixed though I have my doubts that it could be that fast. Also, the FV3 seemed quite jumpy from run from run. Interestingly, the old GFS did fantastic with the late May SE heatwave with it even doing better than the Euro, which was too hot.

Last edited:
Looks like eastern NC is gonna win again with another boundary today leading to high MLcape there today allowing strong Tstorms ??‍♂️ Just your average CAPE minimum here in central/western NC
Yep and they win the powerball. Western NC won’t see nothing but a few warnings in the GSP mountains.

Showers are developing in NW Georgia. HRRR wants to throw them my way later this evening. Probably gonna get nothing, but I will take whatever chance I can get for rain.

Last edited:
8a82dd36cfca539db38e84bc382b4cb8.jpg

This is so good. This was me last summer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Showers are developing in NW Georgia. HRRR wants to throw them my way later this evening. Probably gonna get nothing, but I will take whatever chance I can get for rain.
Actually got some rain! That ends a 12 day streak of no rainfall here.

Heaviest rain ended up to my west a little. Still got .03” here though which is better then nothing.

Looks like the next chance of rain here will be Wednesday.

Or is it?A5FFF35A-A44E-4150-94DB-5801897B866C.png

Forecasted high is 78 tomorow with full sun. Gonna make a run at 48 to49 for lows in the countryside. Right now watching some storms roll off the mtns, not sure theyll survive.

Looks like areas around GSO is gonna score again ? deadass annoying that downslopin winds kill it for us around CLT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back