• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

Geez I hope this isn't true. Can you imagine if housing prices fall, stock market rolls over...Fed can't afford either of those to happen. They actually need inflation to stay high so housing prices stay high so people can keep borrowing on there homes to prop up the stock market.

Not a fan of the way the VIX has been behaving in the past few sessions.

It's usually up on Mondays because of the weekend effect but even VIX futures are up now I believe (I don't know the direct way of looking at them, but I know UVXY opened lower, which tracks the VIX futures, and had been going higher).

Usually a canary in the coal mine for some volatility in the near future if it and stocks are up.

They want high inflation.
That’s how they afford to pay our debt down . Despite all that they thought it a good idea to pass a trillion dollar package and push for even more . I got a big giant book on stocks checked out from the library . I’m about to figure out what to invest in when it all collapses .

That’s how they afford to pay our debt down . Despite all that they thought it a good idea to pass a trillion dollar package and push for even more . I got a big giant book on stocks checked out from the library . I’m about to figure out what to invest in when it all collapses .
Shoot me a PM when you figure it out! ?

They want high inflation.

They are in quite a pickle. They don't want higher energy prices nor higher auto prices but they do want high housing prices. They can't afford to have housing fall again, we saw what happened in 08/09. Spending will go down if that occurs and now we are talking recession. This is quite a problem they are in. And they won't raise rates until after the elections next Nov. I am sure Biden is getting assurances from whoever he is going to nominate to take over for Powell. Brainard is the most dovish Fed governor...that isn't a coincidence.

They are in quite a pickle. They don't want higher energy prices nor higher auto prices but they do want high housing prices. They can't afford to have housing fall again, we saw what happened in 08/09. Spending will go down if that occurs and now we are talking recession. This is quite a problem they are in. And they won't raise rates until after the elections next Nov. I am sure Biden is getting assurances from whoever he is going to nominate to take over for Powell. Brainard is the most dovish Fed governor...that isn't a coincidence.
They will hurt us more the longer they wait . Stop playing politics and raise it already . Sometimes got to walk through the mud to make things better. Housing is going to fall and it won’t look good when it does .

To be honest, I don't think they're in a pickle at all. They know what they have been doing and what they are doing. They have a mandate to create financial and economic conditions that result in the extraction of wealth from as many as people possible to be transferred to the wealthy elite class as efficiently as possible. And they've executed this to perfection. You could never do that here from a government directive but you can certainly do it via the central bank. They want people to feel the pain. Mission accomplished.

To be honest, I don't think they're in a pickle at all. They know what they have been doing and what they are doing. They have a mandate to create financial and economic conditions that result in the extraction of wealth from as many as people possible to be transferred to the wealthy elite class as efficiently as possible. And they've executed this to perfection. You could never do that here from a government directive but you can certainly do it via the central bank. They want people to feel the pain. Mission accomplished.

Agreed 100%...either they are complete idiots or they are doing exactly what you stated above.

Markets real heavy after the China Evergrande news...couple that with the inflation reports its getting ugly.

Tech has been trading in this channel for past year+...each time it's touched the top of that channel it's sold off hard to the bottom....we shall see if it bucks the trend this time.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 2.10.04 PM.png

She dumping, boys! Hold on to your 401k’s! She about to get rough!
Maybe but a what, 3% correction from ATHs isn't exactly dumping

If you started investing/trading after 2010 all you know is that markets/stocks only go up and to buy any dip with both hands. Old guys like me (45) lost a lot of money in dotcom crash and financial crisis. That's why these young bucks are kicking our butts in returns, they have no fear and always keep buying buying buying. Experience is a detriment right now...

Bitcoin just waterfalled and dropped almost 10% in a couple of hours and then the young bucks come flying in buying any dip. Taking a break from crypto...it's been a good year and I am getting frustrated. Today hurt.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 4.37.32 PM.png

If you started investing/trading after 2010 all you know is that markets/stocks only go up and to buy any dip with both hands. Old guys like me (45) lost a lot of money in dotcom crash and financial crisis. That's why these young bucks are kicking our butts in returns, they have no fear and always keep buying buying buying. Experience is a detriment right now...
True, they only see it short term not long term investing (I'm new myself, jumped in last March at bottom after Covid hit) but still I'm an investor and not a day trader. I guess my point was if it's 401K your worried about, take a look at the big picture, it's still doing really good right now.

True, they only see it short term not long term investing (I'm new myself, jumped in last March at bottom after Covid hit) but still I'm an investor and not a day trader. I guess my point was if it's 401K your worried about, take a look at the big picture, it's still doing really good right now.

Yeah, my long term accounts are great....the S&P is up 120% over the past 5 years. We can keep that up will be retired by 60.

Alcohol

Back