• Hello, please take a minute to check out our awesome content, contributed by the wonderful members of our community. We hope you'll add your own thoughts and opinions by making a free account!

Misc Stock Market

What kind of price are we talking if the BO happens?
Geez you know that's a tough question haha.... general consensus is $5-7B (which translates to $35-49 PPS) but some indications it could be closer to 10B but that's probably that 10 day fantasy snow map

What was your guess again on the BO share price? I forgot. Like $7 or more?
North of that, I'd be disappointed at this point of anything less than $21 pps, there have been some valuations of their LiDAR of around $7B but again nothing is set in stone, you know how that is

I would not be disappointed, wrong word, I'd be happy with $7 but all indications are it will be more than that.

Geez you know that's a tough question haha.... general consensus is $5-7B (which translates to $35-49 PPS) but some indications it could be closer to 10B but that's probably that 10 day fantasy snow map
Company was supposed to be towards the end of the buyout negotiation process back in September I think ? Could this dragging out be a sign they were looking for that nice 49 a share buyer ....weenie time !

Company was supposed to be towards the end of the buyout negotiation process back in September I think ? Could this dragging out be a sign they were looking for that nice 49 a share buyer ....weenie time !
Possibly, during the last CC, CEO made it clear he was aware of the value of LiDAR (which now seems to be there bread and butter) and that he was basically not going to accept anything less than that. Now keep in mind, they have a strong AR vertical, their mems mirror is the catalyst inside of MSFT Hololens 2 and in the IVAS purchased by the US Military (using AR in training) as part of the new Defense budget. They have like over 200 patents, there are several tier 1's interested in their technology so yeah it might be getting close to weenie time. But I'm also keeping my expectations in check, again I'll be satisfied with the low end..... kinda

To add to this, the LiDAR that they are working on is due to be fully completed in April, they recently released PR of a working prototype with progress as expected, so it could be dragging out for that finish.... that sucks but well worth it if the valuation is billions more because of it.

Met, what are your thoughts on Luminar and MobileEye? My Covid plays have been put off until mid-January. I was looking at LAZR, after getting a tip, when I remembered 'lidar' from this forum.

Are they different applications? I've got a lot of DD to do.

Met, what are your thoughts on Luminar and MobileEye? My Covid plays have been put off until mid-January. I was looking at LAZR, after getting a tip, when I remembered 'lidar' from this forum.

Are they different applications? I've got a lot of DD to do.
MVIS LiDAR appears to be superior technology, addressing all issues with current sensors.... range, number of points and sun glare. Also they have a prototype well on the way to being complete by April. One of biggest issues with luminar and mobileye, completion dates in 2022 and 2025.

But yeah if you really want to do a deep dive check out this Reddit thread with tons of links for DD

And don't forget, this is just one vertical... they are worth billions imho

Thanks met, looking at VLDR too while doing research. May play LAZR today for a bounce. Looks like some bad info was put out about them and got corrected.

Good luck, I hope it gets bought out for huge sums and you never have to 'worry' about work again.

Are you familiar with Indie Semiconductor? Looks like they are getting $495M through a SPAQ to go public. The SPAQ is THBR.

These are all signs, lol. THBR came up as a ticker on Reddit and when I looked it up...LiDAR. There is obviously a massive growth opportunity in the near future.

Are you familiar with Indie Semiconductor? Looks like they are getting $495M through a SPAQ to go public. The SPAQ is THBR.

These are all signs, lol. THBR came up as a ticker on Reddit and when I looked it up...LiDAR. There is obviously a massive growth opportunity in the near future.
Yeah the LiDAR market is heating up and heating up quick, it helps that MVIS has a mature product that is nearing completion and they had mentioned the use of a SPAC as a possibility. I'm not that familiar with them, I know it has helped some of the other start-ups rocket out of the gate but good 'ol Cramer isn't fond of them haha fwiw. I think what complicates negotiations and possibly helps us down the line is MVIS has over 500 patents, is an experienced (although small) company, with multiple verticals.... until the recent LiDAR movement it was all about their AR which is utilized by Microsoft.

MVIS with the haircut this morning. Hope it doesn't give back 50%+ of yesterday's gains.

MVIS with the haircut this morning. Hope it doesn't give back 50%+ of yesterday's gains.
That dip was short lived haha.... I set a limit order in hopes of picking up a few more shares, it almost got there and then said nah heading up

edit: back down, looking like a volatile day

This guy over on the MVIS Reddit section has been spot on and he nailed it again this morning..... that section really is unlike any other sub-Reddit I've seen

"Morning everyone!

To start, there is 550k shares showing gone from the IBKR database. Yet another attempt to drive the price down today looks to be in store if the shorts are looking to keep the price down yet again. The indicators of being overbought on various RSI triggers are in place, but that also means there is large buying interests.

Volumes for these past few days have been increasing massively from day to day, so we may yet see even more volume with a continuation of that dramatic increase. If the volume were to match yesterday though the movement range would still remain incredibly wide and set up for a final 2 days of this week being more yet.

Currently seeing pivot points at 4.14 in premarket, then 4.34, 4.46, 4.64, and a far distant point at 6.02. Wow, there is absolutely nothing showing in the 5 range right now at all... looks like clipping that is likely to send this on an aim directly for 6. Pivots below are currently at 3.79, 3.76, 3.48, and 3.33 from the charts and historical points. L2 Data shows some 15k share buying point at 3.92 and the first point with more than 5k shares at a single value above is at 4.05.

Key to note: If you have stop losses in this upper $3 range, you may well get clipped right near the start of the day and end up seeing the price rocket off after triggering your stop losses and not come back down for many days... just remember what we have seen happen with many other stocks in recent months. Trade or invest smart everyone!"

if lithium batteries for EV’s are the future and Tesla just signed a 5 year contract with pll. That stock soared on the news. Take a look at lthm- I think it’s setting up for a breakout
Up over 70% since this was posted. Current price $16.40. EV’s still need as much lithium as possible. $20 stock in the not too distant future

I had doubled my price on Carnival stock from when I bought it back in April. Sold it today and got some Amazon. Also got Bed, Bath, and Beyond back in April and it’s gone up 2/3 since then. Also got SNAP. It’s supposed to be one of the top 100 performers.

Last edited:
In DMGGF and HVBTF as Bitcoin plays. Also have AWGI for a custodianship play and HGEN for some upcoming phase 3 results that are expected to be great.

Back